Selling a house can be complicated

by | May 10, 2013 | Real Estate

Recent Articles



Selling your house can be complicated at the best of times, with the current real estate market being what it is; it can even by more frustrating. When you see advertisements that read “we buy houses in Wichita KS,” you will start asking a lot of questions. You will want to know if you are better off with a real estate agent or should you sell it direct. You will be wondering how much you can comfortably ask for the house, how much paperwork is there going to be and how can I sell this house and buy another one simultaneously?

There are two main ways to go about selling your house; one is to use a real estate agency and the other is to sell it privately. Before making that choice, there are a few things that you should know.

The first thing you need to know is how much your house is worth and during the whole selling process you must exercise restraint and be patient. First, call an appraiser and have the home appraised by a professional. It may cost about $250 or a bit more but it is well worth it. If the market is buoyant, you can probably expect more than the appraised price but in today’s less than buoyant market, the least you can expect is the appraised value.

When we buy houses in Wichita KS, a home inspection is usually called for. When the home is inspected before it is put on the market, there will be no complications. If, during the inspection, problems were discovered, the seller will know better on how to handle it. If the inspection unearthed previously unknown problems you must become familiar with the disclosure laws that apply in the state otherwise you may face a law suit. There are minor variances in disclosure laws but basically they all state that you must tell a potential buyer, either in writing or verbally, if the house contains any materials of a hazardous nature or if there are any construction flaws that can be considered serious in nature. If you are not aware of what you have to disclose, using a real estate agent may be a good choice, otherwise you can talk to your attorney that will handle the sale for you.


Similar Posts