Dental Bridges in Elk Grove Village will bridge a gap that is created by one, or several, missing teeth. The bridge is made up of two, or more crowns for a person’s teeth on each side of the gap. These are the anchor teeth that are referred to as abutment teeth. The false teeth that are placed are made from porcelain, alloys, gold, or a combination of these various materials. The bridges will be supported by natural teeth or by dental implants.
Benefits Offered by Dental Bridges
When placed properly, dental bridges in Elk Grove Village can:
* Help restore a person’s smile.
* Restore the ability a person has to speak and chew properly.
* Maintain face shape.
* Helping to prevent the teeth from moving out of their proper position.
Types of Dental Bridges that are Available
There are three primary types of dental bridges, which include the following:
* Maryland bonded: These bridges are crafted from porcelain or porcelain that is fused to metal or teeth and gums made from plastic supported by the framework made of porcelain or metal.
* Cantilever: These are the best option when there are adjacent teeth on just one side of the gap.
* Traditional: This involves the creation of a crown for the tooth or an implant on each side of the tooth that is missing.
The Dental Bridge Process
The first visit for getting a dental bridge is when the abutment teeth are being prepared. The preparation involves the recontouring of the teeth by removing some of the enamel to provide room for a crown to be put over them. After that, impressions of the teeth have to be made, which offers a model of the bridge to be created. A second visit will be required to place the actual bridge in its final position.
More information about dental bridges and when they are needed can be found by a person who takes the time to contact Schumer Family Dental Care. Doing this will pay off in the long run and ensure that the person is able to smile with confidence. Take some time to learn about the process to ensure this is right for the missing teeth issue that is present.