Dental implants have proved to be a safe way or replacing missing teeth. This tried and tested form of treatment aims at giving the patient teeth that are more or less like the natural ones. They are a long-lasting option provided that good care is accorded to them. The implants also support artificially replaced teeth and replaces missing roots. They are comfortable, easy to use, and fitting.
Implants are made from titanium that is inserted right into the jawbone where the natural tooth used to sit. An artificial tooth is then attached to the implant which acts as the anchor that holds the replacement tooth firmly in place. A dental specialist with adequate training is required to take one candidate through this procedure. Dental implants near Deerfield are carried out by maxillofacial surgeons and periodontal surgeons.
Who qualifies for dental implants?
To undergo this procedure, one must have healthy gums, enough jawbones that can comfortably hold the implant, and normal general health. Where one has a shrunk jawbone, another procedure known as bone graft can be used to develop the bone. The dental specialist is the one to determine whether this procedure is necessary or not.
How is the procedure done?
• Examination of the mouth is done using x-rays.
• In the preliminary stage, the implant is inserted into the jawbone in the gum tissue. The tissue is then stitched and allowed to heal for bonding of the implant, bone and the gum to take place.
• In the following phase, an abutment is attached to the implant. An abutment is a post used in the connection of the implant with the replacement teeth.
• An artificial tooth is attached to the abutment. This stage may take a couple of visits to the specialists for it to be firmly and fully fixed.
• In case there are several missing teeth, a fixed bridge has to be anchored to the dental implant. The bridge is used to replace the missing teeth by being spread into the area where there are no teeth.
Dental implants are a common treatment procedure. It has been used to brighten the smiles of many people who accepted everywhere they go. Contact Business Name, if you need dental implant near Deerfield.