Many people are unhappy with the appearance of their smile and do all they can to prevent showing it. One of the biggest issues people face with the appearance of their smile is missing teeth. Not only does this cause your smile to look less attractive, but it can also cause functional issues and make it difficult for you to be able to properly chew your food or find even pressure in your surrounding teeth.
If you are missing teeth, there are dental implants near Lakeview. Dental implants allow your missing teeth to be permanently replaced. There are a couple of different steps involved in you being able to get implants:
- The dentist will first need to make sure you are a good candidate for the procedure. Your gum tissue needs to be healthy and your jawbone structure should be strong.
- The first part of the procedure involves the placement of the metal anchors that will hold your teeth. These are made of titanium because it is the only metal that can fully bond with bone tissue.
- It will take a few months before the bonding process takes place. For most people, the bonding period is accomplished in three to six months. This gives your gums plenty of time to heal and allows your body to accept the anchors.
- Once your anchors have bonded with bone, it is time for your new teeth to be put in place. The dentist will choose teeth that are colored, shaped and sized to directly fit in with your surrounding teeth for a completely natural look.
- Dental implants become a permanent part of your smile and are able to give you normal function. As long as they are cared for properly, they can last you a lifetime.
If you are interested in dental implants near Lakeview, then contact the Family Dental Care they will be happy to schedule you for a consultation so you can learn if dental implants will be beneficial for you. Through these implants, you can regain full function and feel confident in your appearance again.