Projection molding is often the go-to for many products. This versatile process is capable of abetting the demands of even the most exacting products, particularly medical device product development. However, the demands made on a company must be able to meet the challenges.
Developing a Medical Device
It is never easy to take any product from concept to manufacturing. In the case of medical devices, however, the process is more complex. FDA rules and regulations also play a serious role. Of course, it all begins with an idea. A concept upon which all further development centers.
A full-service development service will work with the innovator or inventor to provide everything required to ensure the device goes beyond perception to actual conception. The company invests a variety of sources in order to produce a product. Among the desired qualities such a medical device product development company must possess are the following:
• The ability to listen to the inventor and his/her intent, goals and related aspects of the initial concept
• The capabilities to provide the necessary equipment, engineers and technicians to reproduce the idea in a more perceptible form e.g., computer rendered graphics and perhaps a hologram expression
• The aptitude to take the graphics and produce a model that may or may not be initially functional
• The capacity to produce a viable prototype for testing using applicable technology and innovative research
• The facility to work with the customer on any alterations required following the initial round of tests
• The manufacturing of another prototype followed by further testing
• The production of a run of medical devices
Medical Device Product Development
It is never a simple matter to develop a new product for the market. Taking a medical concept from the formulation of the initial concept to prototypes and production is very challenging. It requires a company with a focus on innovative medical device product development together with a knowledge of FDA regulations and technical skills.