Aug 4, 2014

Posted by Shanell Calloway in Uncategorized | Comments Off on If You or a Loved One Have Been Injured in an Accident Contact the Accident Attorney in Ottawa County

If You or a Loved One Have Been Injured in an Accident Contact the Accident Attorney in Ottawa County

Accidents leave a person with overwhelming burdens. If you or a loved one has been injured by the negligence of another person or company, then you or your loved one is entitled to compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering and more. However, it is essential that you retain an Accident Attorney immediately to protect your rights and to protect the evidence. An attorney will take on many of the burdens such as getting the car repaired if it was damaged and getting a rental car. He can answer many questions that must be on your mind. You will not have to pay any money upfront.

It is also important that you talk to no one about the accident except your attorney. If anyone else is asking questions refer them to your attorney. Insurance company lawyers have ways of getting at you in an attempt to get you to settle for pennies on the dollar. Even if the police want to talk with you, explain that you would be happy to in the presence of your attorney.

The accident attorney in Ottawa County area will investigate the site of the accident and take pictures if appropriate. He will run a background check on the person or persons at fault to see if they have any history of negligent behavior. He will talk to witnesses about information they have about the accident.

Your attorney will monitor your medical progress or that of your loved one so that he knows every change and every action taken by the medical staff. If appropriate, your attorney will ask for a doctor who is an expert in the injuries to review the case and prepare a report which will be part of the basis for a settlement proposal.

All of the relevant evidence and medical reports along with a prognosis will be prepared by your attorney to use in a settlement discussion. If the responsible party accepts the settlement or counters with a proposal acceptable to the injured party, then the case will be resolved. If, however, the settlement offer is rejected then the case will proceed to trial. The Accident Attorney in Ottawa County will be an aggressive fighter for your rights and your compensation. He is experienced in the courtroom and will not be hesitant to conduct a trial which will bring out all of the facts.


Pin It on Pinterest

Share This