How Long Does a Person Have to File a Suit for Medical Malpractice in Douglasville?

Although a person goes to their doctor or a specialist to receive help for an issue, there have been instances where a person is further injured due to the care they received. If the doctor did not provide proper care and caused further injuries to their patient, the patient might be able to sue for compensation under the laws for medical malpractice in Douglasville. A large concern for those who are injured due to medical malpractice is how long they have to file the lawsuit.

Lawsuits need to be filed quickly as there is a two-year statute of limitations on these cases. The time for the statute of limitations is based on when the person was injured. This is not the same as the time when the incident occurred that caused the injuries, however, as those can be separate. The reason for this is to ensure the person has time to find a lawyer and file a lawsuit once they have discovered the injury that occurred as a result of the negligence.

Determining the dates and how long a person has to file can actually be complicated, so it’s often a good idea for the person to speak with a lawyer about their situation as quickly as possible. The lawyer can help them determine how long they have to file and help them ensure they have a solid case that will allow them to seek compensation for their injuries. Because of how complex these cases are, it is never recommended for a person to try to handle a case like this on their own. Lawyers with experience in this area can help with a lot more than determining how long a person has to file their lawsuit and can be an incredible asset as a person works on both obtaining compensation and recovering from their injuries.

If you believe you have a case for medical malpractice in Douglasville, do not hesitate to contact a lawyer for help. There is a limited amount of time for a person to file a lawsuit to obtain compensation for their injuries. Take the time to visit Website Domain to learn more or to contact a lawyer today.

Spread the love

Recommended Articles