Are you thinking of working with a financial advisor? There are many reasons why a person might do so. Contrary to popular belief, clients of these financial professionals do not have to have high-level incomes or be extremely wealthy to benefit from their services.
If you are thinking about pursuing professional financial advice in San Antonio, TX, here is what you need to know before partnering with an advisor:
What Can a Financial Advisor Do for You?
Before you commit to working with a financial advisor, you may want to confirm that the services they offer fit your needs. Generally speaking, a financial advisor’s role is to help you better manage and understand your finances, whether that includes investments, financial planning, or both.
Specifically, some services that you can expect from your financial planner may include:
- Research-based advice to guide your investments.
- Assisting with long-term financial planning, such as estate and retirement planning.
- Helping your family meet financial goals, like saving for college.
- Managing your portfolio to help you better understand fluctuations over time.
- Communicating with you to help you create and work toward financial goals and make the best decisions regarding your assets, investments, and more.
Who Needs a Financial Advisor?
There is not really a hard and fast rule about who should work with a financial advisor. Generally, if you are finding that your finances require more than just getting paid, managing your checking and savings accounts, and making some simple investments, it may be time to consider financial advice.
Additionally, people who are facing a major life transition or change may benefit from working with an advisor. This way, the major decisions they make regarding their finances will be guided by experience and expertise. This may include anything from saving for your child’s college education to relocating and buying a new piece of property, or even retirement.
Contact a financial advisor today to learn more about your options and how they can best serve you!