An air compressor has a wide range of applications including pharmaceuticals, food processing industries, transporting liquid chemicals among others. Many users of Industrial air compressors PA forget that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Here are some checks that you should consider performing every time you operate your unit to ensure its efficiency and longevity.
Checking the compressor unit pump oil level
Some compressors use oil to operate while others don’t. If your equipment uses oil, it is not advisable to operate it without lubricant. Here is how to check the pump oil level:
• Turn off the unit and disconnect it from the power source
• Make sure that the equipment is on a flat and level surface
• Remove the plug or fill cap
• Check the oil in the crankcase and also inspect for dirt or debris
• Check through the sight glass and if need be, add the oil to the halfway point.
How to change compressor pump oil
When changing the pump oil, follow this procedure:
• Turn off the unit and ensure that it is disconnected from the power source
• Remove the fill cap or plug
• Place the collection container under the oil drain cap
• Then, remove the drain cap, and allow the oil to drain out
• Replace the oil cap and make sure that you have tightened the nut securely. Use white plumbers tape to create a tighter seal. Then, fill the crankcase with appropriate oil up to the half way point.
Checking and replacing the air filter element
Dirty or malfunctioned air filter elements can allow debris or other contaminants pass through to the delicate parts of your equipment. Regular inspection and changing filter elements when necessary is quite important, and here is the procedure to follow:
• Turn off the unit and disconnect it from the power source and allow the pump to cool off
• Unscrew the filter top from the base by turning counterclockwise
• Remove the element from the filter base
• Clean the filter element by blowing it using compressed air
• If the element is damaged, replace it
• Screw the filter top to the base and secure the filter
Performing the above preventive maintenance will keep your Industrial air compressors PA running smoothly. For more info and to hire a serviceman from Air Center Inc., visit: us webiste