Jul 7, 2014

Posted by in Uncategorized | Comments Off on What is breast enlargement surgery?

What is breast enlargement surgery?

Breast enlargement surgery is performed when breast implants are inserted on the chest. Beverly Hills California breast enlargement surgery is quite common in the United States and other western societies as the size and shape of a woman’s breasts are often considered attractive.

Breast enlargement by far is the most common elective surgery performed in the US, there are on average over 300,000 breast enlargements done every years. The breast implant is either a sac filled with silicone gel or a bag filled with a saline solution, the implant is placed under the skin and the pectoral muscle through an incision which can be in the area of the breast, under the arm or even through the navel. The result is a rounder, fuller shaped breast. Out of the 300,000 people who get breast enlargement about 70 percent get it for cosmetic reasons while the other 30 percent are for health reasons such as having a mastectomy to eliminate breast cancer.

Of course today breast enlargement surgery is highly sophisticated and rarely results in any other than perfection. Breast implant surgery is not new however; it dates back to 1895 when surgeon in Austria used a woman’s own fat to reconstruct her breast after cancer surgery. By the 1950s surgical procedures were perfected that allowed the muscle wall of the breast to be rotated and used to reconstruct the breast. In the 1960s women were seeking silicone injections, this did not work out and many women were permanently disfigured.

Those days are long gone; today breast enlargement is safe and totally predictable. Breast implants today in either silicone or saline come in a variety of sizes, shapes and textures which have a natural feeling once inserted. The breast implant consists of an outer shell which is made from silicone, this shell is either prefilled with silicone gel or it is filled after insertion with a saline solution. The implants are inserted through a small incision which is usually made in such a place that any scarring is not visible. As saline implants are not filled until they have been inserted under the skin and muscle the incision and subsequent scar is very small.

Some women, fearing breast cancer have elective surgery to have their breasts removed and then have subsequent Beverly Hills California breast enlargement done. Many women who have breast cancer opt for reconstructive surgery after a mastectomy has been performed. Well over a quarter of breast reconstructions are done due to medical complications, the balance is done for cosmetic reasons.

Beverly Hills California breast enlargement surgery is done using silicone or saline implants. Dr Jon A Perlman MD FACS has been performing breast enlargement since 1980 and has conducted thousands of successful implantations both for cosmetic and medical reasons.

Share

    Pin It on Pinterest

    Shares
    Share This