Nov 10, 2015

Posted by in Business | Comments Off on Tips for Treating Bee Stings

Tips for Treating Bee Stings

Nothing is funny about being stung by a bee. Not only does it hurt horribly, but if you happen to be allergic to bees then the situation can turn deadly very quickly. If you find a nest of bees on your property it is best not to try to take care of the problem yourself. You should call in a professional company to perform bee removal in Fort Worth area for you instead. Even if you have a company come perform bee removal for every nest on your property, it is still possible to be stung by a bee. Once this happens, there are a few different tips for treating bee stings that everyone needs to know about.

Think of Safety First

The most important thing when it comes to bee stings is not panicking and running away from the bees as quickly as possible. Get to some form of shelter. Then you can worry about treating the bee stings afterward.

Remove the Stingers

Remember that the longer a stinger remains in the body the worst the reaction to the sting will be. Remove the stinger by using your finger or tweezers. It does not really matter what you use, as long as the entire stinger is taken out.

Check for an Allergic Reaction

If it is known for sure that the victim is allergic to bee stings, then check to see if they have an EpiPen. Use the pen, then call 911 directly after for help. Symptoms to watch for in someone that has not been proven to be allergic to bees are as follows:

  • Itching
  • Hives
  • Redness
  • Trouble Breathing

Bee Sting Care

If any of the above symptoms present themselves, then call 911 right away. For victims that are not allergic, it is common for the site of the sting to be red, swollen, and painful. Tylenol, Benadryl, and Calamine lotion are all a big help when treating swelling, itching, and pain. If the person was stung over 10 times, take them to the nearest emergency room as that is a lot of poison to be floating around in their system and can be deadly. Never try to take care of the nest yourself if you find one on your property. Stings, allergic reactions, and death are likely to occur. Instead, let the professionals handle the problem for you so that it is done properly and safely.

Share

    Pin It on Pinterest

    Shares
    Share This